Achieving Success in the Application Process (ASAP) Prelaw Seminars
2015 seminar dates will be announced soon!
Goal: To prepare talented, motivated, yet under-represented students to successfully gain admission to and succeed in law school.
Overview: The ASAP program curriculum will focus on aspects of the law school application process that are commonly overlooked or undervalued by students when applying to law school.
CLEO Achieving Success In The Application Process - the first class
The ASAP curriculum seminar includes the following sessions:
- Selecting a law school
- Drafting an effective personal statement
- Choosing sources for letters of recommendations
- Preparation strategies for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- The impact of LSAT scores and Grade Point Averages (GPA) in the selection process
- The significance of the early application process offered by many law schools
- Debt management and developing credit worthiness
- Common errors committed by law school applicants
Note: Travel and accomodations are not covered for regional events.
CLEO 2011 A.S.A.P. & A.I.E. students in Los Angeles, CA
Advantages of being an ASAP participant include:
- Provides a head start on the law school admissions process
- Establishes mentoring relationships with CLEO students in law school
- Nominal fee
- Meals provided
- Opportunity to network with Attitude Is Essential (AIE) participants from around the country
- An opportunity you don't want to miss
- ASAP is open to college juniors and seniors, as well as post-graduates.
2008 Sophomore Summer Institute participants surrounding the Pre-Law Coordinator
while taking a break for a mini-reunion at ASAP in Atlanta, GA
ASAP seminars are held in conjunction with CLEO's ever so popular AIE seminar held each year in various U.S. cities.
Visit www.cleoinc.org/aie for more information.
CLEO would like to acknowledge the kind generosity of the following organizations for their support of our 2014 Attitude Is Essential (AIE) and Achieving Success in the Application Process (ASAP) Seminars!
Updated: Fall 2014
National Event Underwriter ($50,000)– (For all seven scheduled AIE-ASAP seminars)
- Walmart (featured partner in all seven regions)
Regional Partners (for regional “AIE-ASAP” seminars only):
Platinum ($10,000 level)
- Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice (DC seminar)
Gold ($5,000 level)
- Andrews Kurth (HOU seminar)
- LSAC/DiscoverLaw.org (All seven regions)
- McGuire Woods (DC seminar)
- National Bar Institute(DC seminar)
Click here to see all photos taken at the 2011 AIE & ASAP Seminars in Los Angeles, CA
Click here to see photos taken at the 2011 AIE& ASAP Seminars in Atlanta, GA
Click here to see photos taken at the 2010 AIE & ASAP Seminars in Los Angeles, CA
Click here to see photos taken at the 2010 AIE& ASAP Seminars in Atlanta, GA
Click here to see highlights from ASAP 2009